Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What Happens in the Bookstore at Night

As anyone who reads a book knows, all bookstores, even the likes of Barnes and Noble, are struggling to redefine themselves and survive in the age of Kindles, iPads and Nooks.  I love reading on paper and on an e-reader.  It depends on the book, the cost and my mood.  While I'm rarely without my Kindle (it is in my phone as well), online browsing for books will never replace the joy of going to The Strand, The Mysterious Bookshop or even Barnes and Noble and browsing through new and old books.

Recently, Jonathan Franzen believes e-books are damaging society. Link to the story here.  If you want a chance to defend "real" books, you can register today for World Book night.  Info here.

One independent shop made this fantastic video of what happens in a bookstore at night.  I'm certain it is real.  Enjoy.  (Thanks to NA for forwarding this to me.)


No comments:

Post a Comment