Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tournament of Books 2011 - Round 1 Recap



Round 1 of the Tournament of Books is now complete.  The results from the last three match ups were:

So Much For That lost to Next
Super Sad True Love Story lost to Model Home
Lemon Cake beat Bloodroot

I didn't read Model Home but I'm really surprised that it beat Super Sad, which was a fantastic book and one of my favorites for 2010.

I went five for eight on correct calls.  The next round, which starts next week, should be fun.  The left bracket (Freedom vs Room and Finkler vs Goon) are huge battles.  The right bracket has a lot of wild cards (Nox, Next, Model Home and Lemon Cake). 

I'm sticking with my original call that Room beats Freedom and Goon beats Finkler and then wins the whole thing.  The left half of my bracket is in disarray.

The action restarts next week.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment